Therefore the students become capable of working as experienced persons immediately on the completion of the course.Even those who have passed B.Tech in Instrumentation utilize the facilities of SIIT Labs for practical experience and doing projects. SIIT has raining centres in all districts of Kerala
This is the uniqueness of SIIT labs
• PLC Programming using Ladder Logic for Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron PLCs.
• PLC Programming & PID Block Tuning for Flow/Pressure/Temperature Control Loops.
• SCADA for Flow/Pressure/Temperature Control Loops.
• PID Tuning for Flow/Pressure/Temperature Control Loops using Honeywell UDC 2000/3000 & Yokogawa Cascade Loop Controller.
• Loop Checking using Druck Loop Calibrator.
• SMART Flow/Pressure/Temperature Transmitter calibration using HART Communicator & SFC.
• Operation of Test equipments like Digital Pressure Indicator (Druck Calibrator), Dead Weight Tester, Hand Pump, Process Calibrators, Stimulators etc..
• Calibration of Major Industrial Instruments like Transmitters, Positioners, Switches etc..
• Electronic and pneumatic controllers, Control Valves, I/P Converters, Positioners, Limt Switches, Solinoid Valves, Boosters, etc.
• Sensors Testing and Calibration of pressure, Temperature, Flow, Level, Conductivity, pH sensors.
• Familiarization of Thermo well, Bourdon Tube Pressure Gauge, Electronic Timer, relays, Condensate Pot and siphon, Bimetallic Thermometer, Air regulator, Circuit Breakers Manifold Valve, Rotameter, Megger, continuity tester, etc.
• Tube Cutting and bending, Cable Glanding, Termination, etc…
• Different types of Electrical and electronic equipments, Rectifiers, Logic Gates, CRO, etc..
• Familiarization of Instrumentation Field Documents P&ID, ILD, Hook up, wiring Drawing, Location Sketch ,etc..